Skip to main content
- Board of Supervisors
- 5th District
- Steve Lavagnino - Accomplishments
- Took the lead in halting construction of the proposed $6.1 million new County Administration building, freeing the money to be spent on other, more worthwhile county projects.
- Worked with majority of other Board members to reject the Coastal Commission's changes to our proposed Land Use Development Code.
- Defended the rights of our oil and gas companies by ensuring their voices were heard as the county rewrites our "High Risk" ordinance.
- Helped secure $700,000 in funding to remove silt deposits at Twitchell Dam and recharge the Santa Maria ground water basin.
- Directed staff to create a new mobile home closure ordinance, protecting the rights of park residents throughout the county.
- Restricted access to 411 directory assistance, saving the county $8,000-$12,000 per year.