Supervisor Janet Wolf
A Southern California Native, Supervisor Wolf earned a B.A. Degree from UCSB before earning a Master's Degree and teaching credential from UCLA. After teaching in San Francisco, she and her family moved to Goleta in 1981.
In 1983 Supervisor Wolf began working in the field of vocational rehabilitation and in 1987 opened her own business with offices in both Santa Barbara and Santa Maria. Supervisor Wolf worked in this field for over 20 years and earned a reputation as an effective and compassionate consultant who helped return hundreds of people back to work.
Supervisor Wolf began her career in public service in 1993 when she was elected to the Goleta School Board, serving three terms. She was then elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2006, re-elected in 2010 and again in 2014.
Supervisor Wolf is committed to enhancing public safety and was instrumental in the building of a permanent Emergency Operations Center to serve Santa Barbara County. Through her service on the Commission on Children in Foster Care, the Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, and the South Coast Task Force on Youth Safety, and her careful oversight of the County budget, Supervisor Wolf ensures our most vulnerable populations receive the care they need.
A commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable community planning also informs Supervisor Wolf's leadership. She advocated for the implementation of EmPowerSBC, a county-run program that enable homeowners to finance energy efficiency retrofits and install solar energy.
Supervisor Wolf serves as the Board's representative on a variety of Boards and Commissions, including among them the Santa Barbara County Retirement Board, Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, and the Community Corrections Partnership, the entity overseeing AB 109 Criminal Justice Realignment.
Supervisor Wolf and her husband have been married for over 40 years and have three daughters, Jessica, Stephanie, and Kim; two grandsons, Micah and Avi; and two granddaughters, Sophie and Tayla.
Appointments, Boards and Commissions
In addition to her service as a Supervisor, Janet currently represents the Second District and the County of Santa Barbara on the following boards and commissions:
- Air Pollution Control District (APCD)
- Beach Erosion Authority for Clean Oceans and Nourishment (BEACON)
- Behavioral Wellness Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) (Alternate)
- Community Corrections Partnership Committee
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- National Association of Counties (NACO) (Alternate)
- Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG)
- South Coast Subregional Committee (Chair)
- Coastal Express Policy Advisory Committee
- Santa Barbara County Child Care Planning Council
- Santa Barbara County Employees' Retirement System (SBCERS) (Vice Chair)
- South Coast Task Force on Youth Safety