Second District Student Art Gallery
It is my pleasure to invite student artists to participate in a program in which student artwork from schools in the Second District is showcased in the Second District office in the downtown County Administration Building
I've established the Second District Student Art Gallery because I feel strongly about promoting the visual arts and the creative and imaginative efforts by the youth in our community.
Each show is displayed for approximately four to eight weeks. Second District Art Commissioner Dug Uyesaka generously helps to facilitate this program.
Santa Barbara Charter School (Sept 25 – Nov 9)
Final 2018 Exhibit:
La Colina Junior High School
Past 2018 Exhibits:
Laguna Blanca School - Lower Level (June 6 – Sept 25)
Brandon Elementary School (May 7 – June 1)
Vieja Valley Elementary School (Mar 19 – May 3)
Adams Elementary School (Feb 28 – Mar 15)
Monte Vista Elementary School (Feb 7 – 26)
Montessori Center School (Jan 8 – Feb 5)
Interested in having your Second District school participate in this wonderful program?
The following are some guidelines to consider when submitting work to the 2nd District Student Art Gallery:
- All mediums are acceptable except video.
- Each piece must weigh no more than ten pounds.
- All work must be dry and ready to be framed. All pastel and charcoal work must be sprayed with a fixative. All work must include the artists name, grade, school, and medium.
- Frames and mats will be supplied, as needed.
- The frame sizes will be limited to 11"x14" and 16"x20". For pieces smaller than this, mats with interior sizes of 8.5"x10" and 11"x14" will be used.
- Small three-dimensional pieces will be considered.
- Please provide a selection of at least a dozen pieces for consideration. if more pieces are submitted than there is room to display, final selection will be determined by Dug Uyesaka, my staff, and/or me..
To participate in this Second District Student Art Gallery program, please contact Dug at firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete contact information. I appreciate your interest in this exciting gallery program and look forward to your participation.
Supervisor Janet Wolf
Santa Barbara County Second District
See below for photos highlighting some of the wonderful student artwork that has been featured in the Second District Student Art Gallery