Board of Supervisors Ad Hoc Committee
on the Future of Cannabis Operations in Santa Barbara County
The County established an Ad Hoc Committee of the Board. The Ad Hoc Subcommittee with staff will develop a permanent ordinance related to the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis. The Committee consists of First District Supervisor Das Williams, Fifth District Supervisor Steve Lavagnino, and staff from the County Executive Office, Agriculture Commission, Planning & Development, Public Health/Environmental Health, Sheriff's Office and District Attorney.
The public is invited to attend a meeting to ask questions and provide input to the Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Supervisors regarding the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis.
Latest News and Updates
County Planning and Development staff will give an update on progress of the Cannabis Land Use and Licensing Program to the County Planning Commission in Santa Maria on September 13. The public is encouraged to participate. Please see the media advisory and flyer.
The public is invited to attend a meeting in Carpinteria on August 25 to provide input to the Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Supervisors and ask questions regarding the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis.Please see the flyer. Topics for discussion include the future of business licensing, land use permitting, and fees and taxation.
The Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Supervisors regarding the regulation of medical and recreational cannabis held a meeting on Friday, June 30. View the flyer.
Receive email alerts from The County when new information regarding the Ad Hoc Committee and cannabis operations in Santa Barbara County become available. Use the button at right to subscribe. You can also send us an email with comments.
Calendar of Events
|8/25/17||Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee of the Board of Supervisors Public Meeting||11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Carpinteria City Council Chambers, 5775 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria 93013
Call: (805) 568-3400
|9/13/17||County Planning Commission
Staff will provide a program update
Email for Public Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
|9/19/17||County Board of Supervisors Meeting
Program update on the County Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee's progress
Betteravia Government Center, 511 East Lakeside Parkway, Santa Maria
Remote testimony available at the County Administration Building Board Hearing Room, Fourth Floor, 105 East Anapamu Street, Santa Barbara
Email for Public Comments: email@example.com
Board of Supervisors Documents
- February 14, 2017 Attachment A - Medical Marijuana Overview
- February 2014 Attachment B - Proposition 64 Measure Language Summary
- Marijuana Regulations and Impacts of Proposition 64
- Marijuana Regulations & Impacts of Proposition 64
- Proposed Ordinance Establishing a Non-personal Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations Registry Program (Second Reading) - April 11, 2017
- Attachment 2A - Draft County Registration Form Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Future Non-Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations
- Attachment 2B - Draft County Registration Form Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Future Non-Medical Cannabis Cultivation and Related Operations
Additional Cannabis Information from the County
- Planning and Development, Long Range Planning - Cannabis Information Project Page
- Agricultural Commissioner - Medical Cannabis Resources
State Cannabis Regulatory Agencies
- Bureau of Cannabis Regulation
- CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing
- Office of Manufactured Cannabis Safety
- State Treasurer's Cannabis Banking Working Group
DRAFT State Medical Cannabis Regulations
- Cal Department of Public Health
- Bureau of Marijuana Control Licensing Regulations
- State Department of Food and Agriculture
SB-94 Cannabis: medicinal and adult use
- A comprehensive trailer bill that consolidates the medical and adult-use cannabis regulatory frameworks, established under MCRSA and AUMA, into one single regulatory system for commercial cannabis activity, known as the Medicinal and Adult-Use of Cannabis Regulatory and Safety Act (MAUCRSA).
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Cannabis Policy Website
- California League of Cities
- Bureau of Medical Cannabis Regulation- Department of Consumer Affairs: http://www.bmcr.ca.gov/
- CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing - Department of Food & Agriculture: https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/is/mccp/
- Office of Manufactured Cannabis Safety - Department of Public Health: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/pages/omcs.aspx
- Cannabis Health Impacts Information at Center for Disease Control