One of the primary missions of Information & Communications Technology is to promote and strengthen cyber security within the County. Maximizing the potential of our rapidly-evolving digital world can only happen within a culture of cybersecurity and data privacy. The following resources can help achieve these goals.
This week: The Internet Needs You!
Careers in Cybersecurity
We live in a networked world. Whether it's keeping in touch with friends, paying bills, operating a city's energy grid, or strengthening national security, it happens on line. The number of cyber attacks is increasing dramatically and the need to secure our networks has never been greater.
TIPS AND TOOLS:
Cybersecurity Careers (partial list)
- InfoSec Crime Investigator / Forensics Expert
- Application Penetration Tester
- Security Architect
- Computer Crime Investigator
- Prosecutor Specializing in InfoSec Crime
- System, Network, and/or Web Penetration Tester
- Forensic Analyst
- Technical Director and Deputy CISO
- Network Security Engineer
- Incident Responder
- A systems approach to talent management - https://www.sans.org/cybertalent
- Build Your Career in Cybersecurity Poster - https://niccs.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/students_guide_to_cybersecurity_careers.pdf?trackDocs=students_guide_to_cybersecurity_careers.pdf
- Cybersecurity Infographic http://www.isaca.org/Certification/Documents/CISM-Certification-Overview_bro_Eng_0217.PDF
- CISM CErtification Overview - https://certification.comptia.org/why-certify/is-it-right-for-you
STOP: make sure security measures are in place.
THINK: about the consequences of your actions and behaviors online.
CONNECT: and enjoy the internet.