Anonymous Tips and Information (Sheriff)


2-1-1 Helpline of Santa Barbara County, a program of Family Service Agency - helpline for health and human services county-wide as well as the crisis intervention and suicide prevention hotline and the hub for public information in the event of a disaster.


Child Abuse Reporting Hotline
The Social Services Child Abuse Reporting Hotline can be reached at 1-800-367-0166 (in Lompoc, 737-7078), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. After hours, or on weekends or holidays and WHENEVER A CHILD IS IN IMMEDIATE DANGER, call 911.


Adult Protective Services After Hours Hotlines:
Santa Barbara (805) 692-5743*
Santa Maria (805) 934-6150*
Lompoc (805) 737-7737*
Santa Ynez & Solvang (805) 686-5000*
Buellton (805) 686-8150*
* or Call 911


Adult Protective Services - Reporting During Business Hours:
Santa Barbara (805) 681-4550
Santa Maria (805) 346-8303
Lompoc (805) 737-6020
Santa Ynez & Solvang (805) 737-6020
Buellton (805) 737-6020


Residential or Long-term care Reporting
When reporting abuse in a licensed residential or long-term care facility, call:

Long-Term Care Ombudsman
(805) 925-0499
or call your Local Law Enforcement Agency


Clean Water Violation (Public Works)
To report a problem related to water quality, call the Project Clean Water Hotline at 1-877-OUR-OCEAN (1-877-687-6232)


Hate Crime
If you are the victim of a hate crime please contact your local law enforcement agency or, if the crime has just occurred call 911 immediately.


Illegal Dumping  (Public Works)
To report illegal dumping in the unincorporated area of the County, call (805) 739-8769 in the North County or (805) 681-4342 in South County, or view the complete staff directory for the Resource Recovery & Waste Management Division of Public Works.


Pest Control, South Coast Vector Control District  

If you are requesting service regarding a sighting or discovery of a possible Africanized Honey Bee colony or swarm located within the District where a person or animal has been stung multiple times, CALL 911 via telephone FOR EMERGENCY RESPONDER DISPATCH.


Pesticide Misuse  (Agricultural Commissioner's Office)
To report problems with a pesticide application, call (805) 681-5600, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. After hours, during weekends or holidays, or when there is an immediate hazard, call 911.


Welfare Fraud  (District Attorney)
To report the suspected abuse in obtaining welfare benefits, whether CalWORKs, CalFresh, or General Relief, contact:
Program Manager Chuck Ruffner
401 E. Ocean Ave.
Lompoc, CA 93436
Tel: (805) 737-7780