Looking for ways to help?
The following items are needed by homeless service providers and other nonprofit organizations that are serving the homeless population throughout the County:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Bottled Water
- Solar Chargers
- Surface Sanitizing Spray
- Food (non-perishable and fresh)
- New Socks
- Hygiene items
- Paper Plates, Disposable Cutlery
- Disposable thermometers or thermometers with tips/caps
The County of Santa Barbara
Homeless Assistance Programs Team
has assembled COVID-19 resources that include Guidelines, Webinars, and Infographics
from national, state, and local sources
To suggest or submit content for this page, please email
Santa Maria / Santa Barbara County Continuum of Care
COVID-19 Homelessness Task Force
The COVID-19 Homelessness Task Force will initiate efforts to address the health and safety of our homeless neighbors by partnering with local organizations and governmental agencies. The primary goal is to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our homeless populations and further protect the community at large.
COVID-19 Homelessness Task Force Objectives:
- Prevent and mitigate COVID-19 impacts for persons who remain unsheltered through support centers and outreach re-establishing access to showers, device charging, food and hygiene supplies.
- Establish non-congregate sheltering for persons at highest risk of COVID-19 complications.