Benefits & Wellness Division
Core Medical Plans/Premiums
Supplemental Insurance Programs
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Employee Additional Perks
Legal Notices & Documents
Login to BenXCel
Change Life Events
Leave of Absences
Frequently Asked Questions
The County of Santa Barbara would like to encourage employees to reduce their drive alone commuting by offering several different incentives under the Commuter Benefit Program. This could involve commuting by transit bus or van pool. This program is directed at those employees who commute into Santa Barbara from North County or from counties to the south of Santa Barbara.
The plan administrators for all FSA and Commuter Benefit Plans is Benefit Coordinators Corporation (BCC). Your pre-tax deduction and county contribution will be taken from the 1st paycheck of each month.
The 2019 IRS monthly limit is $265, including the $10 County contribution.
How do I enroll and/or make changes to my in the commuter benefit?
To enroll in the Commuter Benefit Plan any time of the year please follow these 3 steps:
- Step 1 - If you have not yet created an online logon ID to access the BCC website, please click on this link - Creating a Logon ID - print the instruction sheet, and follow the instructions to create you logon ID.
- Step 2 - Once you have created your logon ID please click on this link - BenXcel Employee Guide and review it.
- Step 3 - Using the logon ID you have created, login to the BCC website at www.Benxcel.net and follow the steps in the BenXcel Employee Guide and enroll/make the required change.
PLEASE NOTE: Any changes to you Commuter Benefit contribution has to be done by the 5th of the month to be effective the following month.
How much do I have to contribute to receive the County's contribution?
To receive the County's contribution of $10 per month you have to contribute a minimum of $10.
How do I obtain a bus pass?
Passes will be purchased by you. The contact information for bus pass purchases is the following:
- Clean Air Express - http://www.cleanairexpress.com/default.htm - Phone (805) 692 1902
- Vista Express - http://www.goventura.org/ - Phone (805) 642 1591
- Santa Barbara MTD - http://www.sbmtd.gov/ - Phone (805) 963 3366
- Santa Maria to/from Lompoc - http://www.breezebus.com/ - Phone (800) 417 2137
- Santa Maria Area Transit (SMAT) - SMAT Bus and Fare Info - Phone (805) 928 5624
How do I obtain reimbursement for my bus pass purchase or my vanpool expense?
To obtain reimbursement for the bus passes you purchased a copy of the receipt and/or a copy of the pass will need to be sent with a Reimbursement Request Form to BCC. See Forms page to obtain Commuter Benefit Reimbursement Form.
If you are unable to obtain a receipt or do not have a receipt please complete the Commuter Benefits Reimbursement Form and sign both the "Employee Certification" section and "Employee Authorization" section at the bottom of the form - These items can then be mailed, faxed, or emailed to BCC. Reimbursements are processed within 2-5 working days and distributed weekly.
Can I setup direct deposit for my commuter expense reimbursement?
Yes - claim reimbursements will be paid from monies in your account, and can be deposited directly into your checking or savings account when you sign up for direct deposit. For direct deposit forms click on this link - www.mywealthcareonline.com/bccsmartcare
How do I contact BCC?
If you have any questions, please call BCC at 1-800-685-6100 between 5am - 3pm PST Mon-Fri.
Other related benefits:
- Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Benefit : The TDM program encourages the use of alternative methods of commuting to work rather than driving alone to and from work. Earn up to 2 days of additional vacation each year if you use alternative transportation at least 80% of the days worked in a pay period. To apply for TDM vacation benefits you'll need to complete a TDM enrollment form and file it with your department.