County of Santa Barbara Codes, Policies and Regulations
- Section 35-1 - Santa Barbara County Land Use and Development Code
- Section 35-2 - Montecito Land Use and Development Code
- Article II - Coastal Zoning Ordinance
- Section 35B - Montecito Growth Management Ordinance (MGMO)
- Article VIII -
Sexually Oriented Businesses
- Article IX -
Deciduous Oak Tree Protection and Regeneration Ordinance
- Article X - Medical Marijuana Regulations
- Ordinance 661
* Click here for a complete list of the Santa Barbara Code of Ordinances.
The Comprehensive Plan (general plan) expresses the community's development goals and embodies public policy relative to the distribution of future public and private land uses.
Community and Area Plans are adopted as amendments to the Land Use Element and/or Coastal Land Use Plan (if applicable area is within the coastal zone) and are often used by cities and counties to plan the future of a particular area at a finer level of detail.
The Uniform Rules define eligibility requirements and qualifying uses that each participating landowner must follow in order to receive a reduced property tax assessment under the Williamson Act.