THE BUILDING INSPECTION PROCESS
All building permits require inspections. The type of inspections required will vary depending on the scope of work.
- Inspections can be scheduled by phone or email.
- All inspection requests must be received before 5 PM of the business day preceding the day of the requested inspection. For example, an inspection request for Monday must be received before 5 PM on the preceding Friday. This allows us to adjust for staffing requirements and route assignments.
- The following information is required when requesting an inspection:
- Permit number - permit numbers are typically in the following format xxBDP-00000-xxxxx or xxCNP-00000-xxxxx.
- Address of the project
- Type of inspection requested
- Desired inspection date
- Contact name and phone number
- Gate code information, if necessary
|North County Inspection Requests:||South County Inspection Requests:|
|Phone: (805) 934-6232||Phone: (805) 568-3118|
|Email*: Inspection-North@countyofsb.org||Email*: Inspection-South@countyofsb.org|
* Inspection requests made via email will receive an email acknowledgement confirming or denying your inspection request.