Probation Department Vision
The vision of Santa Barbara County Probation Department is to promote justice and safety in the community through:
- Delivering corrections services that are evidence based, community oriented, strength based, and family focused;
- Guiding, motivating, and directing offenders to take personal responsibility for their actions and facilitating case plans that support the success of probationers and realigned offenders in the community;
- Maintaining collaborative partnerships with Courts, law enforcement, schools, and community service agencies;
- Supporting victims by serving as an informational resource, establishing and collecting restitution, and providing balanced and restorative justice interventions for the community; and
- Encouraging active and informed citizen and community responses to crime.