Welcome to the Santa Barbara County Public Works Department
- We are hiring extra help sign and paint crew members.
- Ongoing Operations to Clear Debris Basins Continue in Response to Recent Winter Storms
- Your Vote Counts in the 20th Annual WaterWise High School Video Contest
- San Ysidro and Olive Mill Roundabout Information Meeting
- Floradale Avenue Bridge Replacement Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration
About The Department
The Public Works Department is comprised of five Divisions:
Providing prudent fiscal management, staff support and other required resources to enable each division to obtain their goals.
Resource Recovery & Waste Management
Protecting the public health and environment of our community by efficiently managing waste products and utilities.
Responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara
Providing a clear path, smooth ride, and a safe trip to the travelling public.