Olive Mill and San Ysidro Roundabouts
Click here to read the Community Informational Meeting and Open House Summary Report
The County of Santa Barbara is in the preliminary design phase of a roundabout at the San Ysidro Road intersection. The County and City of Santa Barbara, in coordination with the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG) are in the preliminary design phase of a roundabout at the Olive Mill intersection. The new intersection configuration will enhance traffic operations and safety for motor vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians. The project is related to the completion of the proposed improvements included in the South Coast Route 101 (US-101) High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes Project-North Segment (HOV Project) that will add an additional lane in both directions of travel for high occupancy vehicles during the peak hour.
KEY PROJECT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Improves traffic flow and eases congestion through construction of a roundabout at the San Ysidro Road intersection and the realignment of the adjacent US-101 northbound off-ramp.
- Provides improved travel for pedestrians and bicyclists with new sidewalks and bike path connecting the west side of the roundabout.
- Rehabilitation of existing roadway along San Ysidro Road with new curb and gutter, separated by a splitter island.
- Improves environmental sustainability through installation of drought tolerant landscaping.
- Public Meeting Overview
- Olive Mill Intersection Control Evaluation Screening Evaluation
- Olive Mill Fact Sheet - English
- Olive Mill Fact Sheet - Spanish
- San Ysidro Intersection Control Evaluation Screening Evaluation
- San Ysidro Fact Sheet - English
- San Ysidro Fact Sheet - Spanish
For more information, contact Mr. Walter Rubalcava, PE, County Project Manager, by e-mail at Wrubalc@cosbpw.net or call (805) 739-8775.