Collection-Specific Notes and Information:
The Santa Barbara County Surveyor makes no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information, maps, or data contained herein. This spatial index is for informational purposes and its geometry data has not been prepared for legal, engineering, or surveying purposes. This spatial index is provided with the understanding that it is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user. The Santa Barbara County records, drawings, and other documents indexed have been gathered over many decades, using differing standards for quality control, documentation, and verification. All of the data provided represents current information in a readily available format. This spatial index is for reference only. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information, errors and conditions originating from physical sources used to develop the database may be reflected in this spatial index. Santa Barbara County shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, or damages that result from inappropriate use of this spatial index. No level of accuracy is claimed for the spatial index lines shown hereon and lines should not be used to obtain coordinate values, bearings or distances.
Notification of any errors is appreciated. If misleading, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate information is brought to our attention, a reasonable effort will be made to fix or remove it. Such concerns should be addressed to the
Public Works GIS Analyst / Survey Supervisor Teñell Matlovsky.
|GIS Spatial Index*|
|Filed As||Metadata (html)||Shapefile (zip)||Date Compiled|
* For more information, please see the Use Constraints in the metadata, as well as the the Disclaimer for the Special Districts Information System. This GIS data does not represent a field survey, and is a geographical representation created from legal descriptions fit to assessor tax parcel base mapping data for reference purposes. Consult with a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor if you need to locate boundaries on the ground or relative to physical features.
- The first page of these Adobe Reader PDF files are color maps compiled from the indexing of cities boundary actions.
- These maps were created from the legal descriptions on file in the Santa Barbara County Surveyor's Office.
- Maps created after 2009 have a boundary activity table on the additional pages of the PDF.
- Activity tables reference documents, that contain legal descriptions, on file in the Santa Barbara County Surveyor's Office.
- The Local Agency Formation Commission ( LAFCO ) also works on jurisdictional boundary changes in special districts.