Santa Barbara County Surveyor
Providing quality surveying services through the creation, maintenance and protection of land based records for public and private resources.
The Division at a Glance
The Surveyor Division is responsible for maintaining accurate land records within the County of Santa Barbara.
The Division has six general areas of responsibility:
1. Checking and recording subdivision maps and documents.
2. Providing survey related data to the general public.
3. Conducting field surveys for County projects.
4. Providing Right-of-Way information for the Department of Public Works.
5. Providing and coordinating Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services,
and mapping for the Department of Public Works.
6. Administration of various State and local programs.
Date Last Updated: 09/07/2013