If you want the County to investigate potential violations of the Protection Plan Protocols or the health order currently in effect, please complete this form with as much information as possible here: REPORT A VIOLATION
Confidential Hotline (844) 413-4025
The purpose of the Whistleblower Hotline is to encourage employees and citizens of the County to report any suspected cases of fraud, waste, or
abuse, of which they become aware. The Whistleblower Hotline is provided as an alternative reporting mechanism to ensure concerns are properly addressed and as a means for anonymous, confidential, reporting.
WHAT TO REPORT
- Fraud: A dishonest, unethical, irregular or illegal act or practice. It can be any intentional act or omission designed to deceive others that results in the County suffering a loss of money, property, or other disadvantage to the County's resources or rights and /or the perpetrator achieves a gain of money, property or an advantage to which the employee would not normally be entitled.
- Waste: The intentional or unintentional thoughtless, reckless or careless expenditure, consumption, mismanagement, use, or squandering of County resources. Waste also includes incurring unnecessary costs because of inefficient or ineffective practices, systems, or controls.
- Abuse: Intentional destruction, diversion, manipulation, misapplication, maltreatment, or misuse of County resources. Extravagant or excessive use as to abuse one's position or authority. Abuse can occur in a financial or non-financial setting.
HOW, WHEN AND WHERE TO REPORT
The County has engaged EthicsPoint to manage its Whistleblower Hotline. EthicsPoint is an independent, comprehensive and confidential reporting service available to anyone wishing to report financial fraud, waste, or abuse. There are two ways to use the Whistleblower Hotline:
- Call toll-free, (844) 413-4025, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak to a third-party representative.
- Submit an online report at the Whistleblower Web Reporting Portal.
What Information Should I Provide?
When reporting suspected fraud, waste, and abuse, please provide as much information and detail as possible, including who, what, when, where, why, and how.
Purposeful misrepresentation of reporting allegations may be construed as a malicious act. Allegations made frivolously, in bad faith or without factual basis may constitute defamation and may be legally actionableWhistleblower Hotline Frequently Asked Questions
Submit a Report
or Call toll-free, (844) 413-4025
OTHER REPORTING RESOURCES:
Workers' Compensation Fraud (District Attorney):
- Phone: (805) 568-2322
Welfare Fraud (District Attorney):
Child Abuse or Neglect (Department of Social Services):
Elder or Dependent Adult Abuse or Neglect (Department of Social Services):
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30 pm: (844) 751-6729
- After Business Hours: (805) 692-5744 (Sheriff's Dispatch)
- If an elder is in immediate danger, call 911
- If abuse is in a licensed residential or long-term facility: (805) 922-1236
Anonymous Tip (Sheriff's Office):
- (805) 683-2724 (Non-Emergency 24/7 Dispatch)