Disaster Relief

If a calamity such as a fire, earthquake or flood damages or destroys your property, you may be eligible for property tax relief. In such cases, the Assessor's Office will reappraise the property to reflect its damaged condition. In addition, when you rebuild it in a like or similar manner, the property will retain its previous value for tax purposes. To qualify for property tax relief, you must file a calamity claim form with the Assessor's Office within 12 months from the date the property was damaged or destroyed. In addition, the loss must exceed $10,000.

Reassessment of Property Due to Damage

If you have any questions about real property, commercial property, or business property that was affected by the Thomas Fire and related flooding, please contact the Assessor's office. Click here for contact details.

Disaster Information Letter

Disaster Relief Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Disaster Claim Form

Base Year Value Transfer for property in a Governor-Declared Disaster

BOE-65-PT Claim Form (Base Year Value Transfer - Intracounty)

BOE-65-P Claim Form (Base Year Value Transfer - Intracounty)

Disaster Relief: Substantially Damaged or Destroyed