The guides listed below were developed to provide answers to questions frequently asked of the Santa Barbara County Elections Office. They are for general information only and do not have the force and effect of law, regulation or rule. In case of conflict, the law, regulation or rule will apply. Persons using these guides must bear full responsibility to make their own determinations as to all legal standards and duties.
- County and District Initiatives and Referendums
- Filling and Vacancy for Federal, State, Judicial and Local Offices
- Calling an Election or Placing a Measure on the Ballot for Local Jurisdictions
- Procedure for Recalling State and Local Officials - Office of the Secretary of State
- Writing Arguments, Rebuttals and Analysis for Local Measures
For information regarding city elections, measures or offices, please contact the City Clerk's office.