We do NOT provide the following services:
Marriage Ceremony Information
- Obtain a valid marriage license from a County Clerk's Office
- Have wedding ceremony within the State of California within 90 days of purchasing the license, performed by an authorized officiant such as a priest, rabbi, minister, judge, or civil marriage commissioner
- After the ceremony, the license must be returned to the county where it was issued to be recorded
Civil Marriage Ceremonies Performed by the County Clerk-Recorder's Office
The Santa Barbara County Clerk-Recorder's Office has Deputy Marriage Commissioners available to perform civil wedding ceremonies during regular business hours, Monday through Friday only. Ceremonies may be performed in English or Spanish and are by appointment. Select an office below for more information.
- Option 1: Ceremony Only - 30 minute appointment
You must purchase your license ahead of time from Santa Barbara County or your local California County Clerk's Office. You must bring your license with you to your appointment
- Option 2: License and Ceremony - 60 minute appointment
You will purchase your marriage license during your appointment
Reserve Your Appointment
To make an appointment, please click on the link below and return the completed form to our office with a non-refundable fee of $23. Appointments are first-come, first-served and not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation letter. If you make your request in person we can confirm your appointment immediately.
If you submit your request via mail or fax, you will receive an email confirmation with the date, time, and house rules for marriage appointments. We will contact you with alternative scheduling options if your requested appointment date and time are unavailable.
Please note: we do not accept the form via email or make reservations over the phone. Credit card authorization forms require an original signature; digital signatures are not accepted.
- In person at our Santa Barbara or Santa Maria locations.
- Fax: (805) 568-2266 with attached credit card authorization form.
- Mail: PO Box 159, Santa Barbara CA 93102 with check, money order, or attached credit card authorization form.