We do NOT provide the following services:
Ceremonies in Santa Barbara
The County Clerk-Recorder's Office in Santa Barbara is honored with the status of National Landmark and possesses historical and architectural significance.
We perform English and Spanish civil marriage ceremonies in our Santa Barbara office Monday through Friday, excluding holidays from 8:00am to 12:00pm and 2:00pm to 3:30pm. Our office does not perform ceremonies on the weekend. An appointment is required.
Hall of Records 2nd Floor Balcony $104
Your ceremony may be held inside the office on the 2nd floor balcony overlooking the kentia palms.
This space offers seating for up to eight guests (including children and photographers) and is ADA accessible.
Hall of Records Archway Door $104
If you prefer an outdoor setting, your ceremony may be held directly outside the Hall of Records archway door, framed by palm trees and looking out into the Sunken Gardens. This space is limited to a maximum of eight guests (including children and photographers)
Courthouse Gardens and Mural Room Reservations
For an additional fee, and if you have made reservations with the Parks Division, we can perform your ceremony in the Courthouse Gardens or the Mural Room. We are not able to perform ceremonies in the clock tower or the other free areas on the perimeter of the Courthouse Gardens.
House Rules for Ceremonies at the Hall of Records:
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. Late arrivals may result in cancellation.
- Our offices allow for a maximum of 10 people including the couple, children, and photographers.
- Large parties may be asked to wait outside while the couple completes their paperwork.
- Please remember no food or drink is allowed.
- Please do not throw petals, rice, confetti, or birdseed.
- Photography is welcomed, but please be considerate of other ceremonies taking place.