We do NOT provide the following services:
Ceremonies in Santa Barbara
We do not have any in-person appointments available at our Santa Barbara or Santa Maria office for the remainder of the year. See information on our Web Services.
The County Clerk-Recorder's Office in Santa Barbara is honored with the status of National Landmark and possesses historical and architectural significance.
Hall of Records Archway Door $104
If you prefer an outdoor setting, your ceremony may be held directly outside the Hall of Records archway door, framed by palm trees and looking out into the Sunken Gardens. This space is limited to a maximum of eight guests (including children and photographers)
Courthouse Gardens and Mural Room Reservations
For an additional fee, and if you have made reservations with the Parks Division, we can perform your ceremony in the Courthouse Gardens or the Mural Room. We are not able to perform ceremonies in the clock tower or the other free areas on the perimeter of the Courthouse Gardens.
House Rules for Ceremonies at the Hall of Records:
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled time. Late arrivals may result in cancellation.
- Our offices allow for a maximum of 10 people including the couple, children, and photographers.
- Large parties may be asked to wait outside while the couple completes their paperwork.
- Please remember no food or drink is allowed.
- Please do not throw petals, rice, confetti, or birdseed.
- Photography is welcomed, but please be considerate of other ceremonies taking place.