Did you know?
- P-EBT helps kids eat while school is closed.
- Concerned about COVID-19? We're still here.
- You may get extra CalFresh in April/May 2020.
- Some reports/renewals waived due to COVID-19.
- New: buy groceries online with your EBT card.
- Not sure where to find help? Call 211!
- See this list of COVID-19 resources.
- You should complete the Census. Here's why.
- Power out? CalFresh can replace spoiled food.
- Confused about Public Charge? Get the facts.
- SSI recipients can now get CalFresh.
- A new mid-county Farmers Market accepts EBT.
- We hold office hours at neighborhood locations.
- Beware of scams targeting EBT cardholders.
How can we help you?
The Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services offers programs to help people maintain their health, improve their economic security, and protect their safety. How can we help you?
- Medi-Cal provides free or low-cost health coverage for households with low incomes.
- Covered California offers affordable health insurance. (We don't run this program, but we can help you apply.)
- CalFresh helps you buy food, with a card that works like a debit card at the grocery checkout.
- We can provide referrals to other community food resources too.
- CalWORKs provides families with temporary cash aid and Welfare to Work services.
- General Relief provides individuals with temporary cash aid, and job services or SSI advocacy.
- Child Welfare Services responds to reports of child abuse or neglect, and helps strengthen families.
- Resource Families give care and shelter to children who cannot safely return home.