Benefits & Wellness Division
Core Medical Plans/Premiums
Supplemental Insurance Programs
Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
Employee Additional Perks
Legal Notices & Documents
Login to BenXCel
Change Life Events
Leave of Absences
Frequently Asked Questions
Open Enrollment will take place from October 14, 2019 to November 1, 2019. During this time, you are able to enroll in new programs or make changes to your current benefits.
No Action is Required:
- If you do not want to make any changes to your current elections for plan year 2020, you do not have to do anything. Your selections will automatically roll over with the exception of your Flexible Spending (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) enrollment.
Action is Required:
- Enroll in any of the County-sponsored plans and voluntary benefits for the first time;
- Change or cancel your plan choices;
- Add or drop dependent coverage (Please Note: If you cancel a dependent's coverage during Open Enrollment, that dependent is not eligible for COBRA);
- Add, change, or cancel your Optional Life, Critical Illness, Accident Plan, and/or Personal Accident Insurance;
- Participate for the first time or continue to participate in FSA Healthcare,Dependent Care. Please note: If you currently are enrolled in a Health Savings account (HSA) you must re-enroll for 2020. If you're enrolling for the first time in an HSA for the 2020 plan year you cannot open an HSA account if you have an FSA. Your FSA account must have a $0 balance before you can open an HSA);
- Waive participation in County-sponsored medical and dental benefits; and/or
- Combined coverage with a spouse or registered domestic partner who is also a benefit-eligible County employee. You must notify HR Benefits if you are interested in this option.