Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19)
Santa Barbara County parks, open spaces, beaches remain open for day use. We welcome your visit and ask that when visiting local parks that you practice social distancing and adhere to guidelines for spending time outside alone or with household members only. Look for the less busy parks and open spaces in your neighborhood and visit those when possible. If parking lots are full then the park is too busy and you can come back another time. Limit your visits to about one hour so that others can use the park as well. Avoid loitering in parking lots. Working together we can prevent the spread of Covid-19 while keeping our parks, open spaces and beaches open for all to use. Continued violation of social distancing and group gathering guidelines could lead to park closure.
DAY-USE PARKS: All day-use parks and restrooms are currently open. Cachuma Lake and Jalama Beach remain open for a limited number of day-use vehicles.
BEACHES: All County beaches and beach access points are open. Maintain social distancing guidelines; no group activities allowed; do not block high traffic areas such as access points, stairs, ramps and hard-packed sand; consider going further down the beach to find space; limit your time at the beach so others may enjoy; no loitering in parking lots.Except Labor Day Weekend. Seelink to Health Order above.
PLAYGROUNDS: All playgrounds in County Day-Use Parks and Neighborhood Open Spaces are open.
BASKETBALL AND VOLLEYBALL: Basketball and Volleyball courts in County Day-Use Parks and Neighborhood Open Spaces are closed.
TENNIS COURTS: Tennis courts in County Day-Use Parks and Neighborhood Open Spaces are open.
GROUP AREAS: Group areas in all parks are closed; group reservations are cancelled.
BBQ and PICNIC TABLES: All individual BBQ and picnic tables in County Day-Use Parks and Neighborhood Open Spaces are open. Group picnic sites remain closed.
DOG PARKS:All dog parks in County Day-Use Parks and Neighborhood Open Spaces are now open.
CAMPING PARKS: Cachuma Lake and Jalama Beach will open to camping on June 1st. Camping will be reservations only, no walk-ins will be accepted.
WEDDING VENUES: Parks is currently not accepting wedding reservations for the Courthouse grounds or the Mural Room for any dates from now through November 1, 2020. All events scheduled for the Mural Room through November 30, 2020 will be canceled and CSD staff will be contacting those groups. The free spaces, A-H, located along the perimeter of the Courthouse grounds are closed until further notice.
GOLETA PIER: The Goleta Pier Boat Launch is Open.
JUNIOR LIFEGUARD PROGRAM: Hendry's JR Lifeguard program is cancelled for the Summer 2020 season.
COUNTY TRAILS: All Front Country Trails are open.
COVID-19 CLEANING PROCEDURES
In addition to regular cleaning procedures Jalama Beach and Cachuma Lake Campgrounds are implementing additional cleaning and disinfecting measures in accordance with Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. These include the following for restrooms, showers, cabins, yurts, entry gate house and Ranger offices:
- Using EPA approved cleaners and disinfectants including Sani-10%, Purtabs, Waxie 764 Lemon Quat Disinfectant, and OdoBan Disinfectant or similar approved disinfectants.
- Clean and sanitize the showers, toilet, and wash basin. Clean all glass and mirrors.
- Clean and sanitize all kitchen surfaces.
- Clean and sanitize all furniture surfaces.
- Clean and sanitize high touch areas (TV remote, light switches, door handles, etc.).
- Empty all waste containers, insert liners as required, spot clean and sanitize the containers.
- Clean and sanitize bed covers.
- Sweep, damp mop, and sanitize hard floor.
- Any reusable towels or other items are washed in a commercial washer
- Jalama cabins are disinfected each time campers check out.
- Showers and restroom are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly each day with a cleaning and checked and cleaned again throughout each day as use dictates.
- Disinfecting ALL payment portals, keypads, and pens, after each use.
- Entry Gate House and Ranger Office high-contact areas disinfected at opening, throughout the day and again at closing.
As we continue to monitor the impact of Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19), Santa Barbara County Parks will continue provide support for any upcoming visits to our County parks. As the situation continues to evolve, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure our parks continue to be safe for visitors, our staff and vendor partners. We will continue to monitor developments and adhere to recommendations released by the CDC, CDPH, and County Public Health.
We are taking additional measures recommended by public health authorities, including:
- Our janitorial teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning of high traffic areas including door handles and public restrooms and are using recommended disinfectants and cleaners.
- We have increased the availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers at many locations.
- We continue to provide soap for hand washing in all of our restroom buildings.
- All employees at our parks and offices are required to stay home if they are feeling ill and to seek medical attention as needed.
- All large-scale events are being cancelled or postponed.
- Park Rangers will continue to serve the public, while observing proper social distancing measures.
We will continue to assess our operations and consult with Public Health for recommendations and possible further changes. Please visit our website at www.sbparks.org to stay informed of any necessary changes to our operations. We appreciate your support and understanding as we adapt to this fluid situation.