The Solid Waste Program at Environmental Health Services regulates the permitting and operation of solid waste handling and disposal facilities and vehicles in the County of Santa Barbara. As the Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) under the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle), the LEA works to ensure that solid waste facilities observe applicable regulations intended to protect public health and safety and the environment. The LEA accomplishes our purpose through education, inspection, enforcement, permitting and coordination with other local, state and federal agencies.
- California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (Calrecycle) Website
- CalRecycle Meeting Agendas and Documents
- CalRecycle - Permitting
- CalRecycle - Fact Sheet: Solid Waste Facility Permit
- Do I need a solid waste facility permit?
- Do I need a permit to compost?
- CalRecycle Public Notices
- CalRecycle List of Solid Waste Facilities in Santa Barbara County