To help with social distancing during COVID-19, you do not need to come to your appointment. Please call 1-877-275-8805 or text SBWIC to 85511 for assistance.
Para ayudar con el distanciamiento social durante la pandemia de COVID-19, no es necesario que venga a su cita. Por favor llame al 1-877-275-8805 o envíe un mensaje de texto con SBWIC al 85511 para obtener ayuda.
Find Your WIC Foods During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Encuentra tus alimentos de WIC durante la pandemia de COVID-19
Click the link below for the Expanded Food List:
Haga clic abajo para ver la lista de alimentos expandidos:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is WIC?
WIC is the Women, Infants & Children Supplemental Nutrition Program for income eligible pregnant, breastfeeding, and post-partum women and children under age five who have a nutritional need. WIC is a federally funded program, administered by the California Department of Health Services.
What Are The Goals of the WIC Program?
- To decrease the complications of pregnancy
- To prevent low birth weight babies
- To decrease iron deficiency anemia
- To promote and support breastfeeding
- To promote optimum growth and development of infants and young children
Who Is Eligible for WIC?
- Low to moderate income families who have incomes at 185% or less of the Federal Poverty level
- Eligible family members:
- Women who are pregnant, post-partum, or breastfeeding
- Children under age five (including foster children)
- Working families may be eligible
At WIC, participants receive an initial nutrition assessment screening to determine nutritional need.
How Can WIC Help?
- WIC participants get personalized nutrition education.
- WIC families learn more about having a healthy pregnancy and providing healthy meals and snacks for their children.
- Participants learn parenting and child safety skills.
- WIC famiels receive education, help and support with breastfeeding.
- Families save money on food.
- Families get help finding health care and other community services they might need.
- WIC saves health care dollars.
Where Can I Find WIC?
WIC has local offices all over California. Call (877) 275-8805 or (888) WIC-WORKS (888-942-9675) for a WIC office nearest your home.