Reporting Problems

If you witness someone dumping waste down a storm drain, onto a street, in a creek or on the beach, call 911 immediately.

If you would like to report water pollution or a water quality problem anywhere in Santa Barbara County, call the Water Quality Hotline at:


To call an agency directly, first determine whether you are in an unincorporated or incorporated area of the County.

In unincorporated Santa Barbara County (including Isla Vista, unincorporated Goleta, Montecito, Orcutt, Santa Ynez and other unincorporated areas), call Project Clean Water at (805) 568-3440.

In the City of Santa Barbara, call (805) 897-2658.

In the City of Goleta, call (805) 961-7500.

In the City of Carpinteria, call (805) 684-5405 ext. 1 (Public Works Dept).

In the City of Lompoc, call (805) 736-1266.

In the City of Santa Maria, call (805) 925-0951 ext. 7270 (after hours ext. 7777).

In the City of Buellton, call (805) 688-5177.

In the City of Solvang, call (805) 686-8185.

For any other questions or assistance, call Project Clean Water at (805) 568-3440 or email us at